The very first prototype for Cubic Shift arrived on my porch this morning. At first glance, I was totally excited, but then I noticed how dark the cards printed. Not a huge problem, I’ll need to lighten the background a bit. The font on a few cards is a tad small so I will need to teak that as well.
I soon realized that the blank black D6 die for stickers was missing. I thought they forgot to pack it until I did a check of the components and quickly realized I forgot to add it to the final cut. Not a problem I will simply correct that for proof two, but it does cause a slight inconvenience as now I need to place the stickers on some other die. I also realized I only set front stickers for the pawns. Ugh, this is why prototyping is so important.
I will most likely wait until after Protospiel Chicago before ordering the next prototype. By then I will have had a chance to really playtest and make any changes to the rules.